Intro to Sketch Writing - Starts Sun Oct 24 (3pm Eastern)
- 8 CLASSES OF 2 HOURS
- SUNDAYS OCT 24, 31, NOV 7, 21, 28, DEC 5, 12, 19
- Noon to 2:00pm (LA/Vancouver)
- 3:00pm to 5:00pm (Toronto/NYC)
- 8:00pm to 10:00pm (Dublin/London)
- 9:00pm to 11:00pm (Paris/Berlin)
- PRICE IN CDN DOLLARS, ALL TAXES INCL.
- CLASS SIZE IS CAPPED AT 10 STUDENTS
- How to identify playable sketch ideas
- How to write a script that gets right to the fun
- How to pitch ideas and discuss work in a supportive writers' room environment
- How to rewrite and refine your sketches
DAMIAN CHADWICK has over 15 years’ experience writing, performing, directing and teaching at Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York. He was a founding team member of UCB’s sketch show Maude Night, and has taught over 90 classes at beginning through advanced sketch levels. He lives in New York City and is currently writing a TV pilot script about renegade hippies in Northern California.
Two scholarship spots are reserved in each class at Improv College for members of equity-seeking communities on a first-come, first-served basis. To claim a spot in this class, simply select the Equity-Seeking option from the Registration drop-down menu.
MIDDLE- and LOW-INCOME NATIONS
To address the fact that different nations have different purchasing power, students from Middle- and Low-Income Nations may register at a lowered price. Simply select the Middle- and Low-Income Nation option from the Registration drop-down menu.
Text of "Intro to Sketch Writing with Damian Chadwick" in the top right on a blue background. Graphic on the right of Damian's picture, a white man with glasses and brown hair, framed by a red circle. Improv College logo at bottom left (a waving flag that reads Improv College on a pole with lines radiating outwards).